Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lesson #092, Cripple Creek V



Hi Everybody,

I started out this video with a song I learned along time ago......Wont you come home Bill Bailey......in the style of Don Reno. Eventually we will be going over the styles of many players....from the early pioneers of Reno, Scruggs and Stanely, to the styles of more modern and progressive players as well. I myself love it all, from the ultra-traditional to the ultra-modern/progressive. Remember there is ALWAYS room for expansion.....it is never ending, and that is the coolest thing, in my opinion, about music.

The first part of this song is pretty straight forward....rolls and left hand techniques that we have already gone over. Take your time and enjoy one of the classic banjo songs of all time.

Rock On All,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment