Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lesson #097, Amazing Grace III



Hi Everyone,

I noticed a little mistake I made while watching this video. I want to make sure you have these "three" notes correct while going through this video. The note before the first fretted note within this video is an open second string, then the next note is the fourth string fretted behind the third fret (that being the first fretted note), then the third string fretted behind the second fret. I just want to make that clear while you watch this video. If you can read the tab accompaniment, that will show you the correct notes as well.

I started out this video with a 3/4 time picking pattern. It will help if you practice this pattern before attempting to learn this song. Actually, I like to play this pattern before the song begins so as to set the tempo and timing within this song.

If you have any questions about any videos here on the moose, please let me know and I will certainly help you through anything that I'm able to.

There is one more thing I'd like to add.......you can use the picking pattern in this video for backup as well. All you have to do is pick this pattern through an open G chord and use it as well through a two finger C and D7 chords when they change. You dont even have to worry about the Eminor chord because the open picking pattern will work beautifully over the minor.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment