Saturday, April 11, 2009

Lesson #014, John Henry III



Hey All,

In this segment you are going to finish learning this version of John Henry. Congratulations on playing your first song! I remember what a great feeling it was to get through my first attempts at Foggy Mountain Breakdown. I played that tune over and over a lot'o times. Once you have this song memorized, play it as many times as you like and again, strive for good tone and good timing. Learning this song like you did," note for note", you were learning basically by"ear", listening to what the song sounds like, and also by watching me play the song as well. I'm going to be teaching more songs and tunes this way in the future, but I am also going to teach you how to read " Tabulature", and also a little bit on reading sheet music. I think its important to learn everything you can! All ways of learning have their own advantages, so why not take advantage of all there is to learn? We will do just that. It's all really quite simple actually, and I'm going to try to explain it as easy as I can for you. We'll have a fine time. Congratulations again on learning your first song, thats very very cool.

Seeya next time everybody,

David

3 comments:

  1. Thank you from Estonia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to learn John Henry so I can play the whole song clean (at least I do not skip the beat nor any notes when I play at the same time with the video).

    Thank you David, that was fun. Time to move to next lesson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for these wonderful lessons, I'd be lost without them.

    ReplyDelete