Saturday, April 11, 2009

Lesson #017, Forward and Backwards Roll Exercises



Hi Everyone,

Let me first say that on the first forward roll excersise, I didnt say in the video to start the thumb on the fourth string. So start the first excersise on the fourth string with the thumb. Using different strings in the forward and backward rolls is an important excersise of the right hand as to get your fingers used to feel of using different strings, that being the different spacings, and also to hear the different sounds that using different strings make. So be conscious of what you are hearing as you play different strings in your excersises. Remember also that you can start these excersises on any string and I encourage you to start these rolls and excersises on different strings. Just try to keep in mind the motion of the right hand, whether it be forward or backward.

Rock On Everyone, and remember if you have any questions, you can send me a private message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment